Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My week so far

Things I've been doing instead of catching up on the backlog of two - now only two! - book reviews and last week's Intelligence review:

  • Working. True but uninteresting.
  • Rationalizing. This is one of my most highly developed talents. The theory behind the timing of my Intelligence reviews has always been that since I can't do them same day, posting them the day before the next one airs gives me breathing room and lets me think of them as sort of "Last week, on Intelligence..." reminders. So if I look at it that way, my review of last week's episode is not late, because the next episode airs next week. The fact that I just rewatched it with my reviewing eye - and pencil - puts me ahead of the game.
  • Skimming. The reason I've been whining about the backlogged book reviews has nothing to do with the quality of the books. I loved them, back when I read all three them before Christmas without writing a word, in a very bad tactical move. Now I find myself needing to skim them to refresh the details and help myself find my way in to the review. Good thing I liked them.
  • Avoiding. Specifically, news coverage of the Pickton trial. This will dominate the news here for months, and I will avoid the gory details for months. There are some things I just don't need imprinted on my brain.
  • Soaking. I love the rain. Mostly. It's the Vancouver area's snow removal program. It's also a good excuse to treat my cold, drenched self to a long, hot bath after a lovely, wet walk.
  • Procrastinating. What's the purpose of this post, exactly? Hmm.