Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quote of the week

Heather Havrilesky of Salon talks about how freeing it is to understand that "men and women come from different planets, both of them spilling over with their own distinct clichés":

Eventually we figure it out: "I already have to spend the rest of my life with me, why would I want to spend the rest of my life with another person who's just like me? Isn't one of me enough?" Ask any gay man: Communing with a like-minded soul mate is no walk in the park. Better to cohabitate with a complete alien whose odd habits and non sequiturs confuse and confound you, since these endless differences will distract you from your own flaws, thus freeing you up to luxuriate in the comfort of self-righteous indignation for the balance of your days on Earth. Dr. Phil be damned: Intimacy is a small price to pay for always being right!

In case there's any doubt in your mind, she means women are always right.