Monday, September 10, 2007

It's fall already?

I still have a bunch of reviews to do for some of the upcoming new series, and a couple of other posts I want to get up before the Emmys and the fall premiere rush. But how unprepared am I for the new television season? I haven't set up my PVR since moving a month ago. I've suddenly realized the first of the fall onslaught comes next week, and I need to get cracking.

I still have and love my computer-based setup, but I have to either buy a longish coaxial cable or I need to develop superhuman strength in order to swap out a couple of cables that would give me the length where I need it and not where I don't. That cable installer woman was freakishly strong. (Full disclosure: I'm freakishly weak.) Where's the Bionic Woman when you need her? (Answer: In a disappointing pilot episode.)

So before I have the PVR set up to do my remembering for me, and in order to plan for rushing my K-Ville review (Sept. 17) and slacking on the Cashmere Mafia review (Dec. 4), I've been grateful for a few online resources to keep track of what's on when.
As for me, well, I'll have some thoughts of my own soon. Soon-ish. Eventually.